Chickenshed aims to show how the world can be if every person is valued and heard. Through inclusion, equity, diversity, and creativity, we can change perspectives and broaden horizons. Our work has a cost, but it also has a value that ripples out into society as our Teaching Artists, participants, families, carers and audiences spread the message of inclusion in the community.
Every dollar earned through ticket sales, membership fees and outreach programs needs to be supplemented by philanthropy, so that we can continue to use inclusive theatre to change lives and enable everyone to reach their full potential, regardless of ability, background, or financial capability.
All our programs help a wide range of people, many of whom face extraordinary challenges and don’t have the financial means to join us. We are only able to meet the needs of the greatest number of participants through generous support from individuals, businesses, grant-making trusts, foundations and our local community.
Just imagine a world that doesn’t put limits on ambition. Imagine a society where, regardless of background or ability, everyone can play a valuable part. Imagine Chickenshed, where everyone has the chance to participate, learn, share values and discover their true talent and promise.
Here are some ways you can help us:
- $20 enables a financially challenged family to enjoy a TALES FROM THE SHED live immersive performance at home
- $100 enables five financially challenged families to attend a TALES FROM THE SHED live immersive performance at home
- $175 adds new puppets and props to our TALES FROM THE SHED cast
- $300 pays for 2 hours of training & professional development for five of our Teaching Artists
- $450 creates a semester scholarship for our CHICKENSHED PLAYERS program
- $550 underwrites a morning of TALES FROM THE SHED live immersive performances for an under-served preschool
- $600 underwrites an immersive workshop to an under-served elementary or middle school
- $1000 underwrites a TALES FROM THE SHED song or dance video for children to enjoy at home
- $1200 enables us to record and produce 4 songs for children to enjoy at home
- $2500 purchases much needed audio/visual equipment to enhance our online programming
- $5000 underwrites a series of TALES FROM THE SHED online immersive performances for a pair of preschools that might not otherwise "meet and play" together
Contact Ali@chickenshednyc.org if you would like to help.
"OUR COMMUNITY REALLY DOES NEED CHICKENSHED - WE DON’T REALLY NEED ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW. ALTHOUGH THE IDEA SEEMS SO SIMPLE WHERE EVERYONE CAN JOIN IN IF THEY WANT TO - IT SEEMS LIKE NOT A LOT OF PLACES ARE LIKE THAT - SO IT REALLY IS NECESSARY i FEEL TO HAVE CHICKENSHED IN OUR COMMUNITY.”