Our specially trained Teaching Artists empower each student so that they may discover and grow their creativity and individual strengths whilst fostering resilience, patience, and acceptance as they collaborate. Every idea is celebrated, and taking risks is encouraged. Using music, poetry, movement and storytelling, students are given the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of activities. Our inclusive approach allows us to set a high creative standard and produce quality theatrical experiences.
Our program and methodology will teach and empower your students to:
- Gain confidence and take risks
- Offer ideas
- Listen to and trust one another
- Develop empathy
- Feel valued and part of a community
- Explore ideas
- Present each other’s thoughts
- Experiment with poetry, music, movement, and storytelling
- Develop communication, literacy and numeracy skills
As a result of COVID-19 our Teaching Artists are now trained to deliver this custom program both online and on campus as part of your arts enrichment offering.
For information on bringing Chickenshed to your school, contact Artistic Director Cyndi Steele Harrod Artistic@chickenshednyc.org